Free “Heart Healthy” Classes
At the Heart & Lung Institute of Utah, we believe that preventing heart disease is better than overcoming it. That’s why we offer the community complimentary “Heart Healthy” classes, which provide practical information for lowering your cholesterol, losing weight and much more. Led by a registered dietician, these classes will teach you how well-balanced, healthy nutrition can help improve your health and also help to prevent health issues in the future.
- Where: Heart & Lung Institute of Utah
5979 Fashion Blvd., Murray, Utah 84107
The office is located on Fashion Blvd., just north of the Fashion Place Mall and south of Cottonwood Hospital in Murray.
- When: Monday evenings.
- Cost: free of charge, and open to the public (you do not need to be a patient of the Heart & Lung Institute of Utah to attend).
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Utah Department of Health
- Utah Department of Insurance
- Utah Department of Health – WIC Program (nutrition program)
- Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
The Heart & Lung Institute wants to provide you with the information you need to make healthy, informed decisions. Below are a number of terms related to conditions, disease management, diagnostic procedures, and healthy lifestyle management. We hope you will find this information to be a helpful resource as we work together to maximize your health and well being.
- Allergies or Asthma
- Atherectomy/Plaque Excision
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors
- Cholesterol Management
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease
- Exercise for a Healthy Heart
- Exercise Stress Test
- Healthy Eating
- Blood Pressure
- Controlling Blood Pressure
- Heart Attack
- Salt/Sodium in the Diet
- Sleep Disorders – Are you at risk?
- Smoking and Cardiovascular Disease
- Weight and Your Health